Last term we have been collaboratively learning with parents and children from year 1 and reception, offering fun and engaging ways for parents to work alongside their children to enhance parental partnership and support their children as they learn.
Mrs Sherwin and Mrs Redgrave have been running the sessions at Lewis Street each Tuesday morning, working alongside families in such areas as;
• Reading and comprehension skills
• Read Write Inc to help develop reading and writing
• Speech and language acquisition and blank level questioning
• Book talk and fun with storytelling
• The “egg drop” challenge
• And rounding off the project with a fun, storytelling session at Eccles library
The children have thoroughly enjoyed the sessions and the relaxed atmosphere has helped build bonds between home and school. We hope to further develop such sessions in the future and welcome suggestions for future aspects of learning and partnership. Keep your eyes peeled for future opportunities in and around school.