Role of the Governors
Being a school governor is a very rewarding job. It gives you the opportunity to have a say in the development of the school. As a governor you will also be involved and aware of the latest developments in the way that children are being educated.
There is a team of Governors at Lewis Street, including representing from teacher governors, parent governors and local education authority (LEA) governors. The term of office is 4 years, and an apply-electron process is adopted to ensure all candidates are given a fair chance.
What do governors do?
- Promote high standards.
- Set targets for pupil achievement.
- Appoint the head and deputy
- Assist with managing the school's budget.
- Discuss current curriculum issues.
- Have involvement in devising action plans.
How does a governing body work?
- Closely with the headteacher.
- Makes decisions collectively as a team.
- Often delegates decision making to committees.
- Conducts most of its business at meetings.
|Mr G Howard (Chair)||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Cllr D Jolley (Vice-Chair)||17/12/12 - 16/12/16||LEA|
|Mr G Caldwell||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Mrs G Lavelle||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Miss K Ritacca||01/09/15 - 31/08/19||Staff|
|Miss M Magee||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Ms S Maynard||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Mrs W McCormack||09/02/12 - 08/02/16||Head Teacher|
|Mr C Morse||01/09/15 - 31/08/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Dr A Muslim||16/09/15 - 15/09/19||Co-Opted Governor|
|Mr A Needle||04/11/15 - 03/11/19||Parent|
|Mrs D Shah||04/11/15 - 03/11/19||Parent|